The Old Operating Theatre Museum
September 21, 2023
Join the Old Operating Theatre this Autumn Equinox for a trip back to 1945!
For one night only, the museum will be transformed into a ballroom where you’ll learn the Charleston Stroll (a non-partner dance). Guests should come dressed appropriately for a 1945 ballroom extravaganza.
Dance teachers will be on site to teach the steps, but if you want a preview you can check out this video .
About the event:
- 5:45 pm: Doors open.
- 6:00 pm: Welcome Speech and distribution of red and blue ribbons.
- 6:15 pm: Red ribbon group learns the Charleston Stroll in the Operating Theatre/Blue ribbon group has drinks and workshop activities in the Garret.
- 6:45pm: Groups Swap!
- 7:15-8:30 pm: Dance! Dance! Dance!
- The Apothecary Bar is opened until 8:10 pm. Drink tokens can be purchased at Front of House (thematic cocktail £6).
- Time to look at the exhibitions. (Be advised that we do not allow any drinks in the Old Operating Theatre itself).
- 8:30 pm: Event ends, but you can continue the party at Amazing Grace below us if you are so inclinded!