7 October 2021
University of East London, London
According to NHS Improvement, over 291,000 more routine operations could be carried out per year by improving the scheduling of surgical lists. Variation in theatre productivity between different trusts and different specialities was demonstrated including late starts, early finishes and delays between operations.
Click here for further details of the event and the full programme.
The time lost to these could have potentially been used to do up to 291,327 more operations which represents a 16.8% increase. COVID-19 has caused a significant reduction in planned operations and appointments, with a lower percentage of patients treated within 18 weeks than at any time since June 2008. There is a backlog of operations and hidden patients, yet to be added to the list because referrals have been at their lowest recorded level.
Join us at this timely national show to explore the key issues that operating theatres are currently facing. The event will cover key strategies for reducing waiting times in operating theatres, improving safety and outcomes of surgical services and achieving greater productivity and capacity.
It looks at the future of surgery and how innovation in technology will drive significant improvements. Case study examples will illustrate how teams have transformed their practice and high-level keynotes will give the latest overview of policy developments.
- Increase productivity to enable theatre teams to work more effectively together and improve the patient experience
- Identify innovation in medicine and surgery to transform surgical care and prevent, predict and manage chronic conditions
- Discuss robotic surgery and its impact on precision and recovery time
- Examine the impact of Covid-19 on preoperative care and using this to improve future practice
- Ensure best patient experience with the highest levels of safety and care
- Meet other like-minded professionals and develop new, beneficial connections
- Through the learning opportunities and sharing of best practice, you will be able to implement improvements in your workplace
- Impact the wider agenda and be part of future planning
- Be part of organisations that continue to evolve, improve and innovate
- Learn how to make the best use of key products and services that can help transform your organisational capabilities