THURSDAY 10 NOV 2022
A Joint British Association of Day Surgery & HCUK Virtual Conference
The presence of dedicated, knowledgeable, multi-skilled day surgery practitioners (the day surgery team) is essential in ensuring safe and efficient day surgery service delivery with the best patient experience. This one-day virtual conference aims to provide support for day surgery teams in achieving these goals. Good clinical practice, accompanied by explanation of underlying principles, at each stage of the day surgery pathway will be reviewed, along with discussion of when it is acceptable to question traditional practice, how the day surgery team can contribute to successful development of new day surgery pathways and inform development and innovation of multi-skilling within the day surgery process.
Current pressures faced by the NHS for the recovery of surgery following the Covid-19 pandemic has focused attention on increasing day surgery delivery. The day surgery team is essential to the success of this so join us to learn how to be even better in achieving your goals.
This conference will enable you to:
- Network with colleagues across the day surgery team
- Reflect on the different roles of the day surgery team and your own practice
- Learn from and discuss practice in different day surgery units
- Identify strategies to enhance and support interprofessional working
- Ensure you are up to date with the latest national practice
- Supports CPD professional development and acts as revalidation evidence. This course provides 5Hrs training for CPD subject to peer group approval for revalidation purposes