Postgraduate Diploma in Human Factors & Neuroscience
24-25 January 2019, Royal College of Physicians
Click here for further details of the event.
HC Skills Postgraduate Diploma in Human Factors and Neuroscience is a powerful training programme that enables clinical teams or sales teams from medical device companies to make better decisions for greater impact with more effective engagement.
The unit develops the knowledge and skills required for an understanding of Human Factors and Neuroscience.
The qualification establishes the professional competencies necessary to identify the nature of Human Factors and Neuroscience and develop strategies for individual Healthcare professionals, alone and in a team, to use awareness of these factors to avoid common errors in the process of care.
The programme builds on the principles of Clinical Education. It specifically tests and improves the delegates’ understanding of human factors, identifies the underlying neural mechanisms and shows how understanding the neuroscience of human interactions can lead to improved outcomes for patients.
As a professional qualification there are four key elements to be formally assessed:
- What are Human Factors and the underlying neural mechanisms?
- How do they impact on Healthcare Delivery?
- How do delegates use this knowledge to avoid errors in care?
- How will delegates teach these elements to other Healthcare professionals?
Participants will be asked to:
- Deliver a lecture/lead a discussion on Human Factors and Neuroscience.
- Identify changes in practice based on an understanding of Human Factors and Neuroscience.
- Produce a plan to introduce changes based on course content.
- Complete a knowledge based examination on course content.
The Faculty will address the areas of neuroscience, communication skills and professional and clinical education.
They will be individuals with the defining experience and are qualified in the field of Human Factors and Neuroscience.
They will also have a remit for the education of other relevant professionals.
Please quote The Operating Theatre Journal when responding